30 Things I want my kids to know about me
Day 11
Pet Peeves
I have pet peeves and today's prompt is to list 10 of them. However, as I was thinking abut this topic this morning, I decided not to list any. I came to the conclusion that pet peeves are nothing more than behaviors of others that annoy you. Everyone is different! We all like to do things differently. Just because I may not like something you are doing, does not mean it is wrong.
I've noticed that some of the things that used to be considered a pet peeve, don't bother me any more. I find myself trying hard to exercise self control over these feelings and look at the person differently. It's a part of who they are and if I say I love them then I should love all of them. I'm sure there are things I do that could be considered a pet peeve to someone. I know I am not perfect.
So today I will focus on the good in others and not small, insignificant behaviors that in the grand scheme of things, are not important.
What a beautiful thought, not to dwell on thing that people do that irritate you but on things that they do can bring you happiness! I sometimes find myself gripping about little thing that annoy me, but I am being judgmental if I am. I am not loving them truely as Christ would have me. Thanks for reminding me!
ReplyDelete