30 Things I want my kids to know about me
Day 2
3 Legitimate Fears
Today I get to talk about 3 fears I have and explain how they became fears.
Fear number 1! I have a fear of drowning. I do not like to go in large bodies of water over 4 feet deep because of this fear. I can't swim because being in the water almost paralyzes me. I panic and can't breathe. I almost feel like the water is crushing me. I love being on the water in boat or canoe because I feel safe there.
I am not really sure how I got this fear. I don't remember a time in my life when I didn't have it. That said, as I have gotten older, it has gotten better. I used to not like going in over 3 feet deep.
Fear number 2! I fear that if a disaster happens, I won't make it to my children.
This fear happened after I got divorced and the world changed so much. Whenever I think about it though, I always feel peace that I don't need to have this worry or fear. I know that everything will be ok. My children will be fine and I will be there if they need me.
Fear number 3! Public speaking
I do not like speaking in front of a group of people. I can prepare all I want but the second I get up to speak, my mind goes blank and I can't make eye contact. I get sweaty palms and feel like my mouth doesn't want to work.
I really don't know how I got this fear. I suspect that because I have an introverted personality, I don't like it. To overcome the fear, I speak when asked. The more I do it, the better I get.
No comments:
Post a Comment