Image from Google images
I have a goal. I want to run a 5k. Not a bad goal since I do like to run and at one part of my life, I was good at it. However, I have not done any formal running, short of chasing children, since I ran track as a Freshman in high school. Enter the couch to 5k program! I downloaded the app to my Ipod and got ready to start. It is a simple program, you follow the program three days a week for 8 weeks. I have already been weight training in the college fitness center so I felt ready.
Week 1. Started off on day one. Completed the whole run. It was a 30 minute jog/walk set. I loved it and felt good. However, sometime during the day, I hurt my Achilles tendon. No idea how. All I know is the next day it really hurt to walk. Took a few days off to rest. Friday came and I felt good so I thought I would try again. Get up to go make dinner, step on a dog toy, and fall. Hard. Huge bruise on my leg and twisted some muscles. No running now. Ok will wait until the next week.
Week 2. Forecast calling for heavy snow on my normal running day. So I decide to switch my workout at the gym day with my running day. Get up, go to school, get sick. End up running a fever and having to go home to rest. Still sick and now have a nasty cough. Still no running.
So far I have completed only one day of training and I have signed up to complete a 5k on May 4. I knew I wasn't going to be ready to run the whole thing by then but I had hoped to be able to run at least half. At this rate, I'll be walking it.

Yes but walking with me!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you in this one! My first 5k is supposed to be the first weekend in June and I used the cold weather as an excuse after my first couch2 5k week. Hang in there! It'll be so great when you cross the finish line!
ReplyDelete