Thursday, March 21, 2013

Of Trashcans and Rain

I drove down the street today. There they sat, tall and straight, guarding the driveways like little green soldiers. Every week they appear. At the end of the day, they return to hidden places, kept out of sight until the next week. I like them. I like the newness of the green as they standout against the brown and grey of the winter. I love how something so ordinary can catch my eye in the morning as I drive by. 

I love spring rains. The fresh, earthy smell is welcome after the cold of winter. Spring rains come with a promise of warmth and color. Everything feels fresher after a good rain shower. Somehow I didn't even mind the gloominess of today. It was raining. I had to feel it gently fall on my head. Breathing in the fresh, clean smell, I found a bit of peace; even in the crowded city.

No comments:

Post a Comment