Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Patriotic Cupcakes

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Every year we go to a local park, set up camp and spend the day. The city has lots of festivities planned and people bbq. Then the city shoots off their fireworks over the lake that is in the middle of the park. It is lots of fun and I look forward to it every year. In honor of the day, I decided to try and make patriotic cupcakes. I got the idea off of a You Tube channel, busvlogger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzYE9xxUIeA&feature=plcp

So here we go!
I made the cake batter and seperated them into 3 quart size bags. I added red food coloring to one and blue to another and left the third white.
 Then I started the layers in the cupcake cups. First blue, then white and last red.






Baked at 325 for 20 minutes. I did over fill the cups so next time I will use less of each color.
Here is how the layers turned out.


And last I added white frosting with red sprinkles!
 

1 comment: