My writing teacher is an amazing teacher. She takes the time to get to know her students and then surprises us with things she thinks we will like. Today was that day for me. I was sitting in the teacher office waiting room waiting for my appointment with another professor. My writing teacher walked over with a book in her hand. We talked for a minute and she said that she thought I might enjoy the book and I could borrow it if I was interested. Of course I was interested. I love books! Then she handed it to me.
One look at the cover and my eyes lit up like Christmas. I might have even squealed with delight.
It was a Dr. Suess book I have never heard of before. Dr. Suess is my absolute favorite children's author and my teacher knew it. I opened it and lost myself in this book for a few minutes. It is truly amazing! The story behind the book is amazing too. I found a treasure today and can't wait to add this book to my collection. I can't retell the story behind the book with any kind of justice so find a copy and read it. Any fan of Dr. Suess will appreciate the work that went into this book. Thank you Dr. Horan for introducing me to another gem for my collection!

what a great teacher!
ReplyDelete